Northwest Yarns is hiring! Our Sales Associate position is responsible for selling shop products, classes, store events and services, and assisting customers with their product needs. A great candidate for this position will provide a quality customer experience and will encourage customer participation in classes and in-store events. Sales Associates also handle returns of merchandise, stocking and maintenance activities, and merchandising assistance as requested. To apply for this position, please drop of your resume at our shop, or email it to email@example.com.
Northwest Yarns Sales Associate
Compensation & Hours
- $12/hr starting
- 35% employee discount (excludes consignment items, sale items, looms and spinning wheels)
- 4 hours per week, every Saturday
- Acknowledge and greet customers as they arrive
- Engage the customer through conversation. Determine the customer’s needs.
- Acquire knowledge of store product and provide product knowledge to customers
- Advise customer about additional items and services that the customer may not have anticipated they will need.
- Handle returns/complaints graciously and effectively.
- Actively participate in all programs and procedures that drive sales.
- Treat associates, customers and vendors better than they expect.
- Correctly handle all register transactions. Balance register at the beginning and end of the day.
- Ensure the store is neat, clean and organized throughout each business day.
- Know where products are located within the store.
- If customers are unable to ascend to the second floor, bring down items for them to examine as requested.
- Be aware of current promotional items and the correct pricing.
- Participate in store opening and store closing duties.
- Answer the telephone.
- Generate, edit, publish and share content on social media sites as requested.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- Retail experience.
- Experienced knitter or crocheter
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to lift thirty pounds to shoulder height unassisted, and be able to carry up stairs.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to crouch or kneel to restock lower shelves.
- Must be proficient in Math and English.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.