Majacraft Aura Spinning Wheel
The innovative Aura is a new way of looking at double drives and a new way of looking at spinning.
Designed from the ground up, the Aura has new style and presence while still retaining the classic Majacraft look. It has two independent drive bands, one for the flyer and a second for the bobbin. The flyer drive has three different ratios and the bobbin drive has two ratios plus infinite adjustment. This design allows the spinner to have very precise control over the draw of the yarn on to the bobbin.
The flyer is all new and builds on the advances Majacraft has made in the past. It shares the aerodynamic shape of our other flyers for efficient and easy spinning. Most importantly it has a new dual function orifice. Fine yarns can be held still in the delta part of the orifice. This also has the function of holding coil yarns very still so you can observe your work. You can bypass the delta and use the large halo ring for spinning huge. With the new double drive, the Aura can spin anything that can be pulled through this orifice!
The folding handle design has the grip in a new location and special bumpers on the handle to keep the spinning head away from the pedals when you fold it down.
As with all other Majacraft wheels, they are as compatible as possible with all accessories. The Aura will fit all existing Majacraft flyers. It fits all wood bobbins produced after April 2010. There are three jumbo wooden bobbins included with the Aura.
- Majacraft stainless steel hinges
- Ratios extend from 4.1 to 7.3 using the pulley supplied
- Three (3) hand turned jumbo wooden bobbins included
- Folding handle to allow easy handling
- Adjustable handle position so you can achieve the most comfortable spinning position
- Suitable for both left and right handed spinners
- Handle stops to control the range of movement of the handle
- JCB bolts used in most structural connections for smoother, cleaner lines
- Acrylic slider on the handle to protect your wheel when adjusting the head
- Majacraft double drive system for ultimate control over your spinning
- Hand-crafted in New Zealand from Rimu wood
Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.