Louet David 3 8-Harness Floor Loom
Named after David and Goliath, Louet's David is a compact 8-harness floor loom loaded with functionality.
Smooth and light-weight treadles due to a cam system give the David treadles a mechanical advantage; weaving on this loom will give you a real appreciation for the word balance.
Like a counter balance or a jack loom, it has a singular tie-up. All harnesses that are not pulled down by a treadle are lifted by a spring system. The spring system also results in easy treadling: once the treadle is pushed down, the weight of your leg is sufficient to keep the shed open.
Available in two sizes, each equipped with 8 harnesses and 800 heddles:
- David 70: 27.5″ (70 cm) weaving width
- David 90: 35″ (90 cm) weaving width
Louet David Features:
- 5-inch shed
- Sliding beater, with shuttle race and adjustable height; stays close to the shafts to get optimal shed
- Includes 800 Texsolv heddles (280 mm)
- Includes 1 stainless steel reed 40-10 (metric)
- Includes tie-up and lease sticks, sixteen warp sticks, and a built-in raddle
- Includes friction brake for the warp beam
- Made of lacquered beech
- Castle section comes pre-assembled
Dimensions (width x depth x height):
- David 70: 34 1/4” x 33 1/2” x 50” (87 x 85 x 127 cm), weighs 66 lb (30 kg)
David 90: 42” x 33 1/2” x 50” (107 x 85 x 127 cm), weighs 77 lb (35 kg)
- 280 mm heddles (packages of 100)
- Stainless Steel Reeds
- Bench (height 22.5”)
- Second Warpbeam
- Sectional Warp Kit
Conversion Kits for Older Models:
*There may be an occasional shipping delay on this item due to pandemic-related issues. Thank you for your patience and understanding - we are working hard to get your order to you as quickly as possible. If you have any questions, please contact us.