The Majacraft bobbin range has been created to be both attractive and functionally excellent.
All of the wooden bobbins have lightweight fiberglass cores and laminated bamboo bobbin ends. They have polymer bearings that provide extremely smooth spinning and excellent durability. Each wooden bobbin is individually hand-turned and unique.
All bobbins will fit on any of our wheels. The extensive selection caters for all types of spinning styles, from the finest cotton or silk to hemp and novelty yarns.
- Wooden: The standard wooden bobbins offer attractive design and innovative technology for discerning spinners. The laminated bamboo bobbin ends and fiberglass core make for a very distinctive bobbin.
- Plastic: The standard plastic bobbins are robust, versatile, and have a large capacity. You can even dye and boil them with your yarn still on the bobbin.
- Jumbo: These big bobbins have a large capacity -- you can ply up to two standard bobbins of yarn onto the plying bobbin, or you can spin longer yarns when using it with a Wild Flyer or Aura Hybrid flyer.
- Lace: The Lace Bobbins have been created to spin very fine lace weight yarns. The special thin wall fiberglass cores make for very light bobbins and will allow you to have extra sensitive brake adjustment. This is essential for lace spinning. By combining this bobbin with our lace flyers you will be able to spin at very high speeds with ease. These bobbins have a "fat" core to reduce the "yarn-to-bobbin angle" and hence the tension on the yarn as you spin (to prevent unnecessary breakage of fine yarns).
- Baby: The Baby Bobbins can be used as a plying bobbin for your lace kit or alternatively as a high-volume high-speed bobbin. In a similar fashion to the jumbo bobbin, you can fit two lace bobbins of yarn onto a single baby bobbin. The Baby Bobbins use the same size flyer as the Lace Bobbins.
- Stylus: The Stylus bobbins can be purchased individually to go with your Majacraft Stylus. While smaller and shorter than any of our other bobbins, they are very durable and will hold a huge amount of fiber compared to traditional quill type spinning.